August 2, 2012

Long term disease




I wish there was a pill for gloomy days.  The type of gloom that shows up suddenly and is always brought on by external factors.  In this case, the factor is Piki.  Aside from having sick teeth, he has liver disease.  Blood work, ultrasounds, biopsies, pain, medication.  We've been through it before.  With our previous dog, Goldie.  Impotence is a rude awakening.  What we pray for is time. From now on everyday is a gift.   Fourteen well lived years. As much as one prepares for this sort of thing.  The end always takes you by surprise.  These last days are hard.  The highs are so high and the lows are devastating.  Tiredness, impotence, constant change of plans.  It takes a toll.  We only ask for strength and support.  And sometimes we get it in torrential amounts.  This blog might suffer a bit, until we go through all the testing and adjusting necessary.  Thanks for understanding.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about Piki Patricia! I hope he will not suffer.

    So sorry I haven't been around for a while, and I think the date for our little gift exchange has passed. I have just been unable to sit down by the computer after work for a few weeks. Can we give it a couple of more weeks? You are busy too right now, taking care of Pika and worrying...

    Love Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria, I will def. need more time too. I'm glad you are OK and back to us. Thank you for Piki, we are adjusting.

      Delete
  2. Ohh I am so sorry, sweetie. I hope Piki will be ok and I am sending you tons of hugs. Kisses

    ReplyDelete