January 20, 2012

Have a fun under sun weekend!


What are you up to this weekend?  We are planning a trip to the beach.  I can't wait to see Emilu's reaction to the water and sand.  Ever since I can remember, a trip to the beach at the beginning of the year is always good omen. Washing away last year's frustrations and  failed dreams, to make way for fresher, more robust ones. I hope all your objectives come to fruition this year and bring you closer to your dreams.  In the meantime, I have gathered a few links, which I hope inspire those dreams or put a smile to your face.  Have a happy, sunny weekend!

Pillow portraits

Street art made with tape and scalpel 

Amazing giveaway, it's huge!

Design-Mom's 30 favorite picture books!

A fantastic, worth trying cupcake mixology

This refreshing, Winter? salad

This is rental beauty

Ten world's oldest trees

A mother like no other

Donating an entire university to the poorest country

Yellow and black is sexy

I can't wait to get home and try this DIY braided wrapped bracelet

Best chocolate mousse of your life in less than 5 minutes (take my word for it)

Gucci's florals are so beautiful!

Shirt sleeves become toddler's harem pants


Me, Mom and cousins at the beach, circa 1978

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you will have fun with Emilu on the beach! The beach in Malmö is not very busy right now :-) - people in winter clothes, talking a walk, often with their dogs.

    I enjoyed your links! I love, love, love the portrait pillows and wish I could afford one. Such a great idea with the anecdotes on the back of the pillow. Beautiful portraits in beautiful colours! I have seen her bags maid of oil paintings before, also very beautiful.

    And the oldest trees in the world, amazing!And I guess you must be proud of DR, giving Haiti a university.

    Thank you for the link to my post about Street art made with tape and scalpel! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again Patricia! I gave you the Liebster Blog Award today, in this post: http://jamiesaysdream.blogspot.com/2012/01/comments-make-me-send-on-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your kind words Patricia :-) About plants for my home: I bought a fern the other day, and I'm looking for air plants to put in hanging glass... things. I have bought two round glass-things but I haven't found the air plants yet. And I would like to buy I really big plant, but I don't know how to get it home. I don't have a car.
    Hope you are having a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you enjoyed the beach! Did Emilu have fun?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rebecca, we've had to postpone the trip for this Sat. I will post pictures when I have them.

    ReplyDelete