June 3, 2011

Back from Hiatus

It's been over a month since I last posted here.  And before things become blurry I will begin posting about my experience as a new mom.  Yes, that's right. Emma  Lucia was born on Mother's Day, May 8th at 1:54 p.m.  Since then I have struggled with all kinds of emotions and tasks which have transformed my perspective on motherhood.

Emilu is almost a month old and we are still trying to find a schedule of feedings and sleeping.  She's not a good sleeper but boy does she loves to eat!  She can be at my breast 24/7 if I let her, but we all know this is not practical, even if the new age motherhood movement out there says otherwise.  The same goes for cosleeping.  I find it very practical and helpful but is this right?  I'm learning as I go, and so the upcoming posts will be about my experience dealing with a baby.

So stay tuned and come back soon to read Emma Lucia's birth story, which turned out to be something totally different than what we planned for and how we dumped our birth plan and felt good about it.

See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment