October 25, 2010

Shopping for Maternity clothes

Today I’m three days shy of 13 weeks. I’m rounding off the despised first trimester. It wasn’t easy. There were moments I thought it would never end. Lying in bed nauseated up to my eyeballs and feeling so fatigued I found it impossible to keep my eyes open in the middle of the day is not something I want to go through again.

Slowly I’m grooving back into my old self. My appetite is back and my energy seems to be slowly returning. I even resumed my morning walks to the park so that I can eventually get back on an exercise routine. But what is really exciting and frustrating at the same time is not fitting into my old clothes. I’m not shy about showing, I’m just upset that my bottoms are getting stuck around my newly found hips. Since I never wore any loose clothing before, my snuggly fitting bottoms don’t fit me anymore. The exciting part of this is that I finally got to shop for my first batch of maternity clothes, especially suited for second trimester moms-to-be. And how expensive these specialty clothes can be! Don’t they know that you are already getting into debt with nursery stuff. Someone please pass the memo.

No comments:

Post a Comment